Nowadays our smartphones and android devices play a more prominent role than ever in society, no longer are they conduits for just making calls and text messages, today the hand-held device, when configured with delicacy and aplomb, succumbs to our every move and whim.
It is estimated that over 700 million people now own a smartphone, Ericsson predicts that by 2017 this figure will have skyrocketed beyond 3 billion! With the increasing number of iOS and android devices sold across the world, namely technology’s big hitters iPhone and Samsung S3, the security of mobiles has never been more critical.
One false step could cost you more than a list of phone numbers, that’s why we must take the right measure of precautions to stay in tune with the latest mobile security. Trustico® are experts in SSL Certificates, here they give their top tips for mobile security.
- Make sure your phone is always up to date with the latest version of its operating system… And don’t jailbreak it!
- Always lock your device with a secure password so nobody can access your device except you.
- Protect your device with a specific ‘design for mobile’ security app that can identify, eliminate and prevent malicious and risky apps from getting on your smartphone. TrustGo is one recognized specialist in mobile security and privacy.
- If you choose to receive emails on your device, make sure your mail server has an SSL Certificate installed. The same goes when you are browsing the web and buying online with your smartphone – check for the padlock, the HTTPS and verify the authenticity of the website you are buying from.
- Don’t be complacent – hackers are getting smarter and smarter and always look for new ways of illegally entering your personal devices.
Follow these steps and you have already significantly lowered the chances of your device being hacked. For more help with mobile security, visit our website.